Gambling problem develops as rapidly as the industry of hazardous games does. This “constant twosome” goes together and is fraught with mental problems amongst the society of fans of games of fortune and chance. This social phenomenon leads to relational, mental and physical problems, which are very difficult to be cured. That’s why it’s necessary to detect the problem before it turns into a chronic disease. And it should be managed together by a person, relatives and special services.
The peculiar features of the gambling problem
During the exploring of gambling addiction’s basics, first of all, it’s necessary to find out what are the Original reasons of this disease’s appearance. And there can be many of them, but the most frequently met are the following ones.
- Issues in private life is the main etiological agent of the gambling problem.
- Sexual frustration.
- Specific psychological problems.
- Striving to earn some money.
- Strict education that leads to the appearance of desire to prove something to somebody.
A very important aspect of this phenomenon is to bring to light the symptoms of disease. Some of them can be seen by surrounding persons, others are only felt by a “human patient”. There can be different symptoms and manifestations, but the most obvious and the most common of them are listed below.
- Problems at work.
- Increased irritability.
- Mental discomfort.
- Idiopathic physic tension.
- Loss of strength.
- Failure of attention.
And gamblers shouldn’t ever forget about potential consequences of gambling addiction, such as: deterioration, anomie, health concerns, social phobia and many other negative implications.
The best medicine for gambling addiction
The treatment process is very hard, but the first positive sign on the road to recovery is when a thought “I need help with my gambling problem” appears in mind. There are many Canadians, who face this problem, and those ones, who realize its seriousness, but many of them don’t know what to do to throw off an illness. Well, the following recommendations and advice should be very useful to return to full health.
- To see a psychologist.
- To find a local Gamblers Anonymous support group, which can be located at www.gamblersanonymous.org. It’s the most affordable way to solve the problems with the gambling problem.
- To use Problem Gambling Help lines, offered by Canada Safety Council. The detailed information can be found at www.canadasafetycouncil.org.
- To address to Gambling Addiction Treatment Centers at www.canadadrugrehub.org.
- To refer to special sources, specialized on helping to gamblers in trouble. The link is www.problemgambling.ca.
It’s important to follow a simple structure to avoid problems with gambling addiction: 1 – to realize that you are sick; 2 – to admit to yourself that everything is serious; 3 – to get a desire to kick a habit; 4 – to use all possible “medicine”.
But the best advice, in any case, is to control personal emotions, while playing hazardous games. Or, if there are any hesitations about such ability, it’s better to avoid gambling at all. And another way out is always to play free games just for fun.